Monday, June 30, 2014

Try the Sanya; it's delicious!

Today for lunch, I stopped by a restaurant on campus, and after seeing chicken curry on the menu, was sold. After greeting the lunch lady, I asked if the curry was ready (I got there minutes before lunch technically started--12pm), and she pointed to a few things that were already prepared. I asked what one of the dishes was, and she replied, "It's Sanya." It looked like some sort of casserole, with cheese sprinkled over a top layer of cream of wheat.

"Really? What's in it?"

"Oh, noodles and beef." and cream of wheat.

"Oh! Well, I was going to have the curry, but I've never heard of sanya before."

I figured that I should try a new Irish dish rather than curry. So she loaded me up (with potatoes on the side, of course) and I sat down to eat.

After a few bites, I realized that Irish Sanya... is lasagna.

AGAIN WITH THE ACCENT!

It was pretty tasty, and the cream of wheat topping really added to the textures.

I also think it's my duty to try out all of the local candy bars.
I've also spotted notices in a few restaurants that indicate that beef served is 100% Irish. Whew! I think it's something about continental European "beef" containing horse or other impurities or something. I asked the lunch lady and that was her response. Anyway. I shall rest assured.



No comments:

Post a Comment